Renogy 100W Bendable Mono Module?
Dave
2014-06-09 17:20:05 UTC
Wrenches,

Does anyone have any experience, or thoughts, with/on this company/product?

It was recently brought to my attention. A 100W monocrystalline cell
bendable (to 30 degrees) module. Sounds counter intuitive to have mono cell
and bendable in the same module to me. My son is thinking of using it for
dry camping with his pickup truck. His small system would have 1 VRLA
battery w CC and this panel temporarily lying on the roof of his camper
shell.

Worth a try for $200?

<< The Renogy bendable solar panel uses advanced technology backed by
contact Sunpower Monocrystalline solar cells that have been laminated into a
flexible plastic sheet. The result is a solar panel that is far more durable
than traditional glass and aluminum models, with twice the efficiency
(approx. 20%) of flexible thin film solar panels. With these advanced solar
cells, you will get greater power efficiency even though the panel is no
larger than a traditional model. The plastic back sheet can be curved to a
maximum 30 degree arc and mounted on an RV, boat, cabin, tent, or any other
irregular surface. The flexibility of this panel also makes it ideal for
storage in tight spaces or crowded areas that are typically off limits for
traditional glass and aluminum models. While this solar panel packs 100W of
power, it only weighs a mere 3lbs, making it easier to transport, hang, and
remove. The laminate coating on the exterior of the panel makes it
impervious to saltwater splashing, rain, and other weather elements. While
this panel may be damaged by sharp objects or scraping, there is no risk of
shattering or cracking.

http://www.renogy-store.com/100watts-bendable-panel-p/rng-100db.htm >>

Thanks,

David Palumbo

Independent Power LLC

462 Solar Way Drive

Hyde Park, VT 05655

802-888-7194

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
These modules are made in China, but then what isn't these days? I too am
looking into using them for certain applications and can't wait to get my
hands on one so I can check it out. They told me that they were out of stock
and that they should have some more in by the end of the month.

Phil

try WEST Marine these has been ~ for a while. some of the early ones were made in Germany.
These modules are made in China, but then what isn?t these days? I too am looking into using them for certain applications and can?t wait to get my hands on one so I can check it out. They told me that they were out of stock and that they should have some more in by the end of the month.
Phil
Solarwinds Northernlights
Serving Mid Coast Maine & Northern California
207-832-7574 Cl. 610-517-8401
Blair "TUMP" May
******** MAINE'S CHARTER ********
NABCEP "Certified PV Installer"
******** MAINE'S CHARTER ********
Trace Xantrex "Certified" Dealer / Installer"
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
You can order direct from Renogy in California (Chino or Chino Hills). -
Peter

Peter T. Parrish, Ph.D.
President, SolarGnosis
1107 Fair Oaks Ave.
South Pasadena, CA 91107
Ph. (323) 839-6108, Fax. (323) 258-8827

List Address:?RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

List-Archive:?http://www.mail-archive.com/re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org/
maillist.html

List rules & etiquette:
www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm

Check out or update participant bios:
www.members.re-wrenches.org

Tump at swnl.net?? ? ? ? ? ? ??www.SWNL.net
???? ? ? ? ? ? ?Solarwinds Northernlights???????
? ? ? ?Serving Mid Coast Maine & Northern California
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?207-832-7574???Cl.
610-517-8401??????????????????????????????
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??Blair "TUMP" May
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?********? MAINE'S CHARTER ********
?????????????????? ?? NABCEP??? "Certified PV Installer"?
???
Phil Lawes
2014-06-11 14:21:51 UTC
Yes Peter I just spoke with them and they are out of stock till the end of
the month.

List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

List rules & etiquette:

www.members.re-wrenches.org
Jerry Shafer
2014-06-11 14:27:53 UTC
In reading the cut sheet it does not say that they are UL listed just that
they testing approved not Certified so if anyone is looking to use this
product as a grid tied they may want to make sure before hand.
Jerry

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Phil Lawes <phil at insoltechsolar.com>
These modules are made in China, but then what isn?t these days? I too am
looking into using them for certain applications and can?t wait to get my
hands on one so I can check it out. They told me that they were out of
stock and that they should have some more in by the end of the month.
Phil
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Dear people:

Does anyone have the RC option for the old Trace power series inverter? I
have a customer looking for one; you can't change any of the settings
without it.

Feel free to contact me off list.

Chris Daum
Oasis Montana Inc.
406-777-4309
406-777-0830 fax
www.oasismontana.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Chris and all,
In case you don't know:
- it was called the "Power Station", with the initials PS ( which some Wrenches agreed stood for "P. of S."
- it was marketed as a lower cost, stripped-down SW.
- the standard SW remote is used to program it; there was no remote specific to this model.
- it was never popular and was only offered for a few years.
Allan Sindelar
Sindelarsolar.com

List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

List rules & etiquette: