Suggestions for off grid cellular modem
Nick Vida
2014-10-08 03:12:17 UTC
Hello wrenches,
I am looking for a recommendation for a cellular modem for a monitoring system. Ideally it would be 24vdc, and outdoor rated or robust enough to survive in a junction box. Cellular coverage is good at the site, but there are no phone lines or data. Do any of you have any experience with this?
Application is SMA tripower monitoring.
Thanks in advance.
Nick Vida
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Hi Nick,

We use the Sierra Wireless units. Robust industrial grade. Different versions according to specifics of your carrier.
http://www.sierrawireless.com/productsandservices/AirLink_Gateways_Modems/Intelligent_gateways/Raven_Series.aspx

Kevin