SMA DC Disconnect Switch failure
Starlight Solar Power Systems
2014-10-16 21:16:26 UTC
Wrenches,

Has anyone experienced failure of the SMA DC disconnect switch? It failed in less than 5 years and I wonder if I should replace it with an external DC disco or go back with their replacement.

Thanks,

Larry

Was the switch connected through the center tap bypassing the fuses or did
you use the combiner part using the fuses also.
How big was the inverter and how many modules and strings.
SMA makes different combiners depending on the inverter, you can tell by
the wire size.
Jerry